Saturday, December 5, 2009

Still thinking of the next step.

I feel like time is slipping, once again. Hmm I want to find passion again, in something. And fast!

Here is Warren Buffett' career advice as told to Tuck MBA Candidates.

"Q: What is your career advice?

A: If you want to make a lot of money go to Wall Street. More importantly though, do what you would do for free, having passion for what you do is the most important thing. I love what I do; I'm not even that busy. I got a total of five phone calls all day yesterday and one of them was a wrong number. Ms. B from NFM had passion, that's why she was successful. A few months ago I was talking to another MBA student, a very talented man, about 30 years old from a great school with a great resume. I asked him what he wanted to do for his career, and he replied that he wanted to go into a particular field, but thought he should work for McKinsey for a few years first to add to his resume. To me that's like saving sex for your old age. It makes no sense."

You will succeed in whatever you do if you have passion for that job. Therefore, passing the Level 1 CFA exam will open doors, but to succeed on your job, you need passion.

No comments: